Now recruiting: Japanese speaking Sales & Marketing Manager
Founded as a family business in 1994, Tour Mandalay is one of the longest established and most experienced destination management companies in Myanmar. We are now looking for a dedicated Japanese speaking individual to fill the position of Sales & Marketing Manager.
Working as key member of our long established Japan section, the successful applicant will play a major role in cultivating existing supplier relationships, whilst proactively sourcing opportunities to develop new business.
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years previous travel industry experience.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken Japanese language (proficiency in English would also be desirable).
- Be able to demonstrate experience of communication and networking in a B2B and B2C environment.
- Previous overseas working experience would be advantageous.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing your allocated account(s) in a driven, confident and proactive manner.
- Providing partners with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond whenever opportunity permits.
- To ensure the service provided to our partners and the supporting information is to the highest standard, ideally working to a deadline of no more than 24 hours.
- Keeping up-to-date with product developments in Myanmar, ensuring that you remain a true expert when it comes to local knowledge and understanding of hotels/flights/infrastructure.
- Promoting Myanmar to our Japan-based agents in an innovative fashion.
- At times it will be necessary to provide a concierge service to our guests – this would involve meeting with our guests at a hotel or airport to greet them in person.
- Accommodation (within 5 minutes walking distance of the office).
- Competitive salary (subject to increase depending on successful completion of responsibilities/length of service).
- Visa assistance.
- Salary not taxable (this is already pre-paid by Tour Mandalay to the Union of Myanmar Government).
- Promotion opportunity within one of Myanmar’s most established ground handling agents.
- Holiday limited to Sundays and government recognised national holiday.
- Working hours are from 10am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 1pm Saturday.
- A minimum of 2 years service is required.
If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org now. Candidate that can dedicate themselves for a minimum of two years need only apply.